Environmental Testing Laboratory
Boryszew S.A. Elana Branch Office in Torun
From many years we meet the expectations of our customers in the field of measurements of material working environment factors. We are the oldest laboratory in the region accredited by the Polish Centre for Accreditation, which carries out research in the workplaces and in the work environment.
Head of the Laboratory
tel.056 656 26 16
tel.606 95 00 42
tel. 056 656 15 60
Fax 056 656 26 04
In the Laboratory are performed following measurements and research:
• Noise (exposure level, maximum A-sound level, peak C-sound level)
• Acoustic spectrum
• Artificial lighting (intensity, uniformity)
• Energy expenditure
• Total and respirable dust
• “Free” crystalline silica
• Aliphatic hydrocarbons, arene, and their derivatives (pentane, hexane, heptane, benzene, toluene, xylene, ethylbenzene, styrene, benzine, methanol, ethanol, isopropanol, ethylene-glycol, acetone, diphenyl eter, ethyl acetate, butyl acetate, vinyl acetate, formaldehyde, etc.)
• Mineral oils
• Gases (O2, CO, CO2, SO2)
• Non-organic compounds (nitric oxide, iron oxide, manganous oxide, ammonia, hydrochloric acid, sulphuric acid, chrome and its compounds, sodium hydroxide)
• General suspension and easily descended
• Look and smell
• Moisture: hydroscopic, analytical, total
• Content of sulfur
• Content of carbon
• Content of ash
• Heat of combustion
• Calorific value
The Laboratory was created in the early 70’s of XX century. At the beginning, only selected studies were performed at workstations and in the work environment. In time to the scope of the tests have been added: water analysis, next measurements at workplaces, wastewater alanysis. In its current form the Laboratory has been operating since 1999 when the work performed on three shifts was transformed into one-shift and the scope of analysis has been reduced and abandoned the tests of cooling water, study of emission and immission. However in subsequent years the Laboratory increased the scope of the performed environmental testing and others.
At the moment, among the studies carried out in workplaces, in the work environments and sewages testing, there are also measurements of ventilation, and also carbon analysis used to determine caloric value.
The Laboratory is divided into four research areas:
toxicological analysis and physical factors
The Laboratory operates as an organizational unit of Elana Branch Office in Toruń.